Tuesday, November 15, 2005

not so in your face here in Calgary

I am up in Calgary Canada for the week, and of course all the Christmas stuff is out here as well. But very tasteful and understated. The store window displays are all more wintry than Christmas-like, and you don't hear much Christmas music yet. However, I have not been to the big discount stores and such, so who knows what's up there. But from what I have seen, it makes you feel more like a special time of year is coming than it's time to go shop and compete.
+1 for Calgary.

2 comments:

John Whiteside said...

There was some Christmas stuff up in San Francisco, but my unscientific study concluded that it was less than I'm seeing in Houston.

Anonymous said...

Ha -- one of my friends had to go watch her sister's kids so she could retrieve their Christmas presents from layaway. Already. (cue eyeroll) I admit I went nuts at Half Price Books on the same day, but some of thos purchases were for me, and some were for birthdays. Besides, shopping at HPB is always morally superior to anything that happens at Wal-Mart.