Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Holiday Season has begun! Yay!

Ah yes, that three month period of October 1 - New Years Day, when we are bombarded and suffocated with holiday commercialization, has officially begun! I have to admit that the first sign was a few days when I returned from living in France to be welcomed by pumpkins. But, I let that go.

Yesterday it was a billboard for the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular. Here in Houston. Huh? I used to go to this every year as a kid. Some how, I just do not see how it could ever, ever, be the same in the Hobby Center. The organs alone at Radio City are key to the whole experience. And then the tree outside at Rockefeller Center. How can there be more than one set of Rockettes? Anyway, I am befuddled. I think maybe it should be the Hobby Centre Christmas Thange for Lakewood Church (cough).

But, the true sign that the Merrythanksgivoween season is upon us is the appearance of the dreaded, tacky, white and orange lights wrapped around the trunks of unsuspecting, innocent, trees. UGH.

So, here we go! Check back now and then for more venting, especially once Halloween has passed!!

No comments: